Areas of Practice
- Criminal District
- Criminal Superior
- He is currently the Cumberland County Bar Association President
- Former Cumberland County Prosecutor
- Named “Top 40 under 40” Trial lawyers in the State of North Carolina by the National Trial Lawyers Association and named one of the “Top 100 DWI Lawyers in the State of North Carolina” by the National Advocacy of DUI Defense
- Ranked Highest 10.0 Rating in AVVO Legal Directory
- Named to “The National Trial Lawyers, Top 100 Trial Lawyers”
Mark Hearp became associated with the Beaver Couie Law Firm on November 10, 2003. In 2008, Mark became a partner with the firm. His practice covers all stages and levels of criminal representation including traffic, speeding tickets, misdemeanor, felony, driving while impaired offenses and federal charges.
Prior to joining the firm, Mark served as an Assistant District Attorney for over two years in Cumberland County, North Carolina. While at that position, Mr. Hearp tried hundreds of driving while impaired offenses and other traffic offenses. He was also responsible for the prosecution of hundreds of major felony cases. These felonies included drug cases, child sexual assaults, armed robberies, breaking and entering, larcenies, rapes, habitual offenses and embezzlement cases.
Mark earned his Bachelors of Arts from the University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill in 1998, his Juris Doctor from Campbell University School of Law in 2001, and was admitted to the North Carolina State Bar the same year. While at Campbell Law School, he was an elected official representing the student body in the Student Bar Association, a member of Phi Alpha Delta legal fraternity, and received several top academic honors.
Mark is a member of the Cumberland County Bar Association, North Carolina Bar Association, and the American Bar Association. He served as the Secretary of the Cumberland County Bar Association from 2012 to 2014. Mark previously served as the chair of the Young Lawyers Division of the Bar for Cumberland County. He also co-chaired the service project for the Cumberland County Bar’s Annual Law Day celebration. He has served as a committee member and board member of the Child Advocacy Center Response Team and Child Fatality Team. Mark also helped to coach the Terry Sanford High School Mock Trial Team which competes in the Wade Edwards Mock Trial Competition. Mark was also on the steering committee of the Fayetteville Young Professional Organization. He still remains an active member in the Fayetteville Young Professionals Organization.
Mark has won several awards throughout his time with our firm. In 2014 and 2013, Mark was named “Top 40 under 40” Trial lawyers in the State of North Carolina by the National Trial Lawyers Association. In 2014 and 2013, Mark was named as one of the “Top 100 DWI Lawyers in the State of North Carolina” by the National Advocacy of DUI Defense. In 2013, Mark came in second in “The Greatest Around Fayetteville” for Best DWI Lawyer in Fayetteville. In 2010, Mark was voted as the Reader’s Choice “Best Lawyer” by the readers of the Fayetteville Observer. In 2009, Mark came in third in the Reader’s Choice “Best Lawyer” by the readers of the Fayetteville Observer. When Mark is not working hard for his clients, he enjoys spending time with his family, traveling and kayaking.
Fayetteville Office:Cumberland County
Fayetteville NC 28301
F: (910) 323-3403
Raeford Office:Hoke County
Raeford NC 28376
F: (910) 875-4030
Contact Mark L. Hearp at:
Danielle Rea, Paralegal (Fayetteville)
Rosalyn Perry, Legal Assistant (Raeford)
- Ranked 10/10 on Avvo Legal Directory
- Top 100 DWI Attorneys in State of North Carolina 2013-2014
- National Trial Lawyer’s Top 40 Under 40 2014
- Top 10 DWI Lawyers in State of North Carolina in Client Satisfaction 2014
- National Trial Lawyer’s Top 40 Under 40 2013
- Greatest Around Fayetteville for Second Best DWI Attorney 2013
- Fayetteville Observer’s Reader’s Choice Best Lawyers 2010
- Fayetteville Observer’s Third Best Lawyer 2009
- North Carolina Academy of Trial Lawyers
- North Carolina Bar Association
- Cumberland County Bar Association
- Cumberland County Secretary of Bar Association 2012-2014
- Fayetteville Young Professionals
- Fayetteville Young Professionals Steering Committee
- Chair of Young Lawyers Division, Cumberland County Bar
- Coach of Terry Sanford High School Mock Trial Team
- Former committee member and board member of the Child Advocacy Center response team and Child Fatality Team
- J.D., Campbell University, 2001
- B.A., Economics, University of North Carolina, Chapel Hill, 1998